As we move into a new year, I hope that every insurance agent and insurance buyer think about how they view their relationships. Let’s get away from the clever insurance ads attempt to bring our products and services down to the lowest common denominator; price and commonly. Insurance products and services are used to build our local economies, we allow people to dream, and we help rebuild in the event of a disaster.
So here are my resolutions for 2019, I hope other agents and insurance buyers will embrace these as well.
- I will always put the needs of my client above mine.
- I will strive to educate rather than sell.
- It will be valuable to provide my clients with options.
- Insurance is a complex transaction, and I need to help my clients understand what they are buying.
- Risk management should always be part of every conversation; identify risk, assess the risk, management the risk, and review again.
- I will select an agent who values relationships.
- Price is not an indicator of quality.
- Buying local is like the farm to table of insurance.
I will seek an agent who is qualified to manage my risks