Have you left a business and thought, how are they even in business? Or have you got off the phone and said, they don’t understand my needs or even respect me? We have, and we don’t ever want any of our customers to feel that way about our firm.
But outstanding customer service may be different to different people. But we believe there is a basic underlying attitude of any firm that provides outstanding customer services. We thought we might share our thoughts on what is required to perform outstanding customer services. Outstanding customer service is a mindset that every employee should have.
We practice three basic principles when relating to clients: empathy, appreciation and helpfulness.
- Empathy- We will consider and understand your opinion and needs. We will educate you on the details of insurance so you can make an informed decision.
- Appreciation- You are important and you should be told so. We will value our relationship and treat you respect and trust.
- Helpfulness- We you call our agency you will talk to a licensed professional that lives and works in the community. We will listen to your requests and provide thoughtful responses. We will always say thank you, we know you have choices when it comes to selecting your insurance agent.
Here are other guiding principles That Every Agency Should Live by
- Do what you say you are going to do- if you say the certificate will be delivered by 10:00 am Tuesday; deliver it before on time.
- Own your mistakes- no agency is perfect, so when a mistake is made, take responsibility and identify corrective measure to prevent it from happening again.
- Care about the customer- genuinely care about your customers and their experiences. When a loss occurs we will get involve as if they loss happen to us.